Sunday, November 20, 2011

We Close Another Chapter on 3-Day, Farewell 2011

So we've logged another 15 events for Susan G. Komen's 3-Day for the Cure. I think it is a little bittersweet that while breast cancer is not yet a thing of the past, millions of dolllars have been raised this year that will go to programs designed for research, prevention, and awareness. I think it is a little sad that for all the money that is stacked up in the name of fighting breast cancer we can only go as fast as researcher discover new learning about how to stop it. So until then, the best we have awareness and prevention along with modern equipment for finding and eradicating.

I think also bittersweet is that I will personally be looking forward to another year of 3-Day for the Cure in 2012. I long for the day when I can say that I no longer need to participate because the answer has been found.

Until then, I bid 2011 farewell. I had an awesome time in both San Francisco and Arizona! I am planning 3 events next year where I hope to make it to Boston, repeat in SF, and hopefully return to San Diego. There are so many people I have enjoyed reuniting with as well as meeting new people who share the same passion as I do.


So if you have something you would like to share or remember, leave a comment here! See you all next year.

No comments: