Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A New Venture for an Old Dog

2011 has definitely brought new changes for me as a captain. San Francisco was a great event back in September. A new adventure awaits me this week as I volunteer both in a new city and new leadership position. Thursday, I will leave for the Arizona 3-Day and this time I will be fortunate to be a Youth Corp leader. The Youth Corp program has been something that originated in Boston, but this year has been proliferated to all the cities that host a 3-Day event. This team gives kids from 11-16 a chance to volunteer and contribute to the 3-Day community. Many of the kids have moms that have been through or are going through battling breast cancer. What makes this team even more exciting is that each kid must raise at least $500 to even participate. So this is for the serious minded individual who wants to make a difference in the fight against breast cancer.

This weekend promises to be very exciting as we also have a completely new route for AZ. Watch for updates on the SF Camp Logistics team page (yes, I am leveraging) at...

http://www.facebook.com/CampLogs

No comments: