Tuesday, March 4, 2008

3-Day Season is about to start!

There is an excitement in the air! What could it be? It's 3-Day season and it's about to start soon! As a veteran captain, I can't wait for spring. I always have a festive anticipation that 3-Day is just around the corner. Rosters start coming out, crew captains rosters fill out, crew registration closes down, and it all starts with the welcome message from the crew coordinator. This year I will be in Boston, SF Bay Area, and San Diego! I know it sounds crazy to get all excited about something that is months away, but I actually enjoy the preparation leading up to the event. I feel that it leads to better events. It's also a time to get people excited and interested in fighting for the cause. If research accomplishes nothing else, at minimum funding programs for awareness and messaging for testing should be an important part of the fight. Breast cancer no longer has to be a death sentence.

No comments: