Tuesday, May 25, 2010

3-Day Season is getting in gear

The start of 3-Day season is less than 2 months away, with Boston kicking it off on July 23. However, closer to home (my home), tonight is the first captains meeting for the San Francisco 3-Day. It will be exciting to see friendly faces as well as new faces to the leadership team. My hope that we as a crew can create an energy that gets people, both crew and walkers, excited about 3-Day all year long. It's not always enough to stop thinking about the FIGHT after event is over.

What will this year's commitment be? Every year I try to make a commitment to do something different that reflects an improvement from the year before. This year, I am planning to focus a lot more on people. In the past, I get really caught up in the planning and logistics of all the things that have to happen. If you knew what I had responsibility for, it would be easy to see why I did that. However, sometimes, we have just got to stop and smell the roses. While planning is important, let us not forget the lynch pin that makes it all work...the people.

I think if we all took the approach to reflect how we perceive and how we might be perceived and cast away our agendas, we could be a whole lot more effective. However, this is a tough task. So for now, I will concentrate on what I can control...me.

Here's to the start of an awesome season!

No comments: